Saturday 17 October 2015

Progress Update!

How about a little progress update - I've been a bit quiet but that doesn't mean I've just been lounging about (what's that again?!).

I have completed 4 products that will definitely be offered.

A new baby announcement card (pink/blue/yellow offered at this time).
A print that would be suitable for a house warming present.
Two different style prints for a new baby, one of which incorporates dictionary pages.

I have two more solid projects for prints (an ABC one and one suitable for weddings/anniversaries).

And last but not least I have just ordered the supplies today for a mightily big Christmas project - that's one I'm really looking forward to and I can't wait to blog about it.


My next stage is getting the photographs for the blog and my Facebook page sorted.

The light today in my house was just utter shite so there was no chance of getting any taken. However, I have been using the site PicMonkey to mock up one of the prints. If you haven't checked it out, PicMonkey is one of the best sites out there for editing and creating. Editing and creating what, exactly? Literally anything. So far I have used it to create my logo, add text to pictures and of course the mock up which you can see below.

I really like this because it gives the customer a visual guide to what they will be getting and what they can have personalized on this particular print. I have the details listed in the description but I think this still adds something and is worth including. I am planning on doing this for all my products where appropriate.

The text in this print is lovingly stamped by hand - NOT printed. The heart and the
house are printed on a high quality piece of card in cream. It will be
#placed in a vintage grey frame, 8 x 8. Picture of that to come!

What else is new then? I've designed some business cards and will hopefully be getting those printed in the next few weeks. They're really cute and also practical - more on those in a later post!

 I've finally signed up for a business account through PayPal as I have decided that I am going to start with the blog/Facebook page/Instagram/Twitter for taking orders. I am still on the fence about Etsy.

I know that I should go self hosted as soon as possible but my current situation doesn't allow for that. I really am hoping this this takes off and I'll be able to get there sooner rather than later.

One step at a time though!

No comments:

Post a Comment