Friday 2 October 2015

How To Store Rubber Stamps

When I first started using my my wooden stamp set, I was immediately annoyed at how quickly the stamps became messed up and out of order. If you're stamping out something that requires a lot of letters, the stamps just seem to get everywhere. You spend have your time frantically looking back and forth as you look for the "A" stamp. 

I tried using both the lid and the box to split them up. I still found it cumbersome and messy.

I tried just laying each stamp out on a piece of paper but you'd be surprised (or not depending on how much you use ink!) how quickly ink smudges covered the paper, my hands, the table, etc.

After spending some time racking my brain for a solution, I came upon one that's easy and in theory, something everyone will have in their house already. This is the type of solution that I love because there's nothing worse needing something and then having to wait to order it/go to the store to buy it.

Here I present my clever storage hack - yes! I used the word hack!


I wish that my ice cube tray had space for all the letters but I think this is pretty good, for now. It alleviates some of the fuss of hand stamping.

Is this something you've done before or would consider doing? I'm always interested in clever storage ideas - so please, feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment