Wednesday 21 October 2015

I've Opened My Etsy Shop - Now What?!

My Etsy shop is now OPEN!

It went live last night and after many hours tweaking and editing it - I think it's just right (for now!).

I had to open it under OneLittleChickadeeCo. A tad annoying as I had previously searched for One Little Chickadee and nothing came up. I later learned when I finally went to register my name, without the Co, that I couldn't because as per Etsy guidelines if there is a shop/username that is currently/ever used (even if it's now disused) can NOT be registered.

A bit of a bummer because I've already "established" myself as One Little Chickadee. And by established I simply mean that I had opened my Twitter, blog, Facebook under it and made business cards of it and I created all these designs under it. I decided it's better to just go with the Co because I couldn't stand calling it something like "Little Chick" or any variation because I thought it'd go too far off piste.

My Etsy shop's banner! Made with PicMonkey.
So with the shop open: now what?! I must admit that I am feeling a bit like a headless chicken, running around trying to get everything up and running and post here and schedule Tweets there and finish the 3 new products I've mapped out, all while keeping on top of Facebook postings and getting my name out there on Instagram.

Whew. It's a lot to take in!

Current goals:
1. Master the Tweet using TweetDeck.
2. Expense tracking. I think I am going to do this via Excel spreadsheet. I tend to like the ol' fashion way of making lists/notes in an actually notebook but for something as important as bookkeeping, I think it needs to be via spreadsheet.
3. Orders book. I have my first customer order! Full disclosure: it is from a friend BUT it's my first paying customer and I am so pleased as I am intending to use this as a sort of guinea pig order. What works or doesn't in terms of my packaging, customization of the product, shipping costs.
4. Find out about getting involved in a Christmas fayre.
5. I currently have 4 new ideas for products and ideally I'd like to complete these before Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment