Tuesday 3 November 2015

The Power of Glitter

My current obsession is GLITTER! Specifically, glitter paper.

It really jazzes things up and I think it adds a certain pizazz without being too much. I also love how it looks paired with the hearts punched from dictionary pages. I like my work to have a bit of sparkle but still remain somewhat "simple" - if that makes sense!



Another discovery has been metallic or foil paper. I've currently got silver and gold, and wow - does it pop! When the light catches it it just flashes, it looks gorgeous! Below is a new piece that will be up for sale on Etsy and Facebook. I'm currently looking into frames as even though I've got my trusty Vintage Grey, I think this needs a black frame. 


I've also decided to use a bit of glitter for the "A is For" Dictionary Name Page Print. The polka dot paper is still on offer but now I've added the glitter option as well as having the two options for additional personalisation: "baby quote" OR "baby name meaning". In the example, my son's name Calvin is French meaning "little bald one". This could also be switched to something like a nickname perhaps as not all name meanings are well, cute (I'm think of my husband's name meaning: gravel yard. Hmm...) Of course if you like simplicity, no additions are fine too! After doing a bit of market research though I think people like being able to customize their gifts.

Sorry for the crap angle and lighting - taking pictures in the evening is ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment