Friday 15 January 2016

Meet The Makers: An Interview With Lissie's Poems


This week on Meet The Makers we introduce you to Lissie's Poems! Lissie writes beautiful poetry that make wonderful and extremely thoughtful gifts. If you're looking for a truly personal gift for a friend or loved one, look no further.





Lissie's Poems

Hi there, my name is Lissie and I paint pictures with words. I have four wonderful children who still live with me and I am a servant to two beautiful cats.  I live in Bristol but was born in Cheshire. I took up poetry after my husband died 8 years ago. I found it helpful to put my emotions on paper rather than talk to people.  

I launched my business just over a year after I framed one of my poems and gave it as a gift. They loved it and suggested I framed more and sold them at markets. This I did and my business was born!



I have had 14 of my poems published in three different publications, of which one was raising money for The Headway Charity during 2014 and I am now working to get a book of my own poems published in 2016.

I write when I am inspired, so can write anywhere really.  Inspiration can come from emotions, pictures, colours even a sound so really anything. I love to be challenged and I am happy to take on commissions.  




I once worked as an Avon rep and standin manager, the best advice I was given has stuck with me ever since..."Always talk to someone new about your business everyday!"

I use many different platforms to get my work noticed: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, DeviantArt, Cosmofunnel and Blogspot too. I also sell my poems in a lovely little shop in a town just outside Bristol called Thornbury. It is a shop where crafters have come together to sell the handmade items in one place. I even man the shop once a week too. It's great fun!
When I'm not writing I love to read and listen to music, I enjoy going to gigs with my sons. I also knit and crochet and sometimes sketch. I just hate being bored really.




Facebook: Lissie's Poems
DeviantArt: LissieBull
Cosmofunnel: Lissie Bull user 37125
Instagram: Elisabeth.Bull
Twitter: @LissieBull

1 comment:

  1. Nice great work really enjoy this content. this is really good post
    Enjoy,
    It's very good poetry, keep doing it,
    Nice to meet you on your website,
    Ghazal
    Poetry
    Quotes

    ReplyDelete