Monday 14 September 2015

Best intentions and all that...

The following words were written and posted on *another* blog I started back in April. Funny how things work out (or don't!). I had every intention of starting that second blog, get down to work and poof! Have my business started and a blog full of my products and "How To" posts. 

Like I said, best intentions and all that!

I'm planning on getting my craft on in the upcoming months. Why? Well, it sort of boils down to "life is too short". 

Hear me out.

The other night I was in bed, wide awake, trying desperately to get a few hours of sleep because I knew the baby would be waking up soon. But I just couldn't sleep because in my mind I was thinking ahead to June/July (really not that far away!) and the end of my maternity pay and the prospect of having to go back to work. 

I've had a job since I was 14 and to not be in work is a bit of an alien feeling. HOWEVER since having a baby my priorities have changed. Before I got pregnant and even while pregnant, I was very keen that I'd take my leave and then try to get back in to work. This was obviously going to be made a tad more difficult as I left my job and the country where I had that job, so going back was impossible. 

Essentially, I'll have to start all over again. I don't mind that necessarily as my life in the UK can pretty much be summed up as "starting over" - the joys of being married to someone in the military. Things are different now though and as I fast forwarded to the summer I started getting panicky, emotional and anxious. I don't want to leave my son in daycare - I don't want to leave him with a sitter. I want to be here for him! I want to do something that I enjoy and combine that with being able to be at home with my son for as long as possible. Life is too short! And I'm in a position where I can start over. I could view that as terrifying or as a great opportunity. I choose great opportunity! I want to be happy and inspired  and overall I want to be POSITIVE. After reading The Happiness Project and The Art of Being Brilliant back to back, you can't help but want to kick start your life and start doing things that make you happy. 

Vintage anything make happy. All things bookish makes me really happy. I'm going to combine the two and see if I can make other people happy in the process (and hopefully some £$£$£ at the same time!)


*************************************************************

So with the above in mind and taking stock of where I am now, here's what's been going on. It's not much in the way of crafting but I think it's important to get your social media sorted, after all, as someone who is planning on working from home social media is king!

New blog: created!
Facebook page: set up!
Twitter: Find me, tweeting away @One_Chickadee
Email me: OneLittleChickadee@gmail.com
Check out my Pins!

I'm feeling good, energized, positive, excited and overall: scared shitless! But I'm going to give this my best shot. Sometimes that's all we got!

No comments:

Post a Comment