Wednesday 25 May 2016

Making the Most of Networking: Scheduling!

Networking Schedule

Below is a list of three major networking sites for those who run small crafty businesses. If you see any updates I should add or corrections, please let me know and I'll edit accordingly!

Image via Pinterest (free printables! Make yourself pretty
calendars to schedule in your networking!)
HIKE THOSE LIKES MARKET PLACE (@htlmp)
Monday 10am on Facebook: Day Hike
Monday 8pm on Facebook: Ready to Post Event (not sure if it’s the same day of the week every week)
Tuesday 1-2pm on Twitter: #HTLMPHOUR (not sure if this is ever Tuesday)
Tuesday 9pm on Facebook: Hike Night
Wednesday 8pm on Facebook: Made To Order Event
Saturday 9pm on Facebook: Show Me Show Me Event
Sunday 9pm on Facebook: Hike Night
Daily 3pm on Facebook: School Run
? 8pm on Facebook: Show & Sell Event (not sure if it’s the same day of the week every week)
Also have: #WowWednesdays, Early Bird and Night Owl daily, Show makes in different colours/price ranges that are then sometimes shared to the wall/placed into albums on the HTLMP page.


HANDMADE HOUR (@HandmadeHour)
Wednesdays 7:30-9:30pm on Twitter
Sundays 8pm-9pm on Twitter


CRAFT HOUR (@CraftHour)
Sunday 7pm on Twitter: #CraftHour
Monday All Day on Facebook: Monday Marathon
Tuesday All Day on Facebook: Treasury Tuesday
Friday All Day on Facebook: Friday Faveathon
These are also shown on Twitter and and Instagram so worth following them on all platforms


This is *not* an exhaustive list by any means! But these are three groups that I am trying to focus on.


There are a lot of networking groups out there - but some of the best advice I’ve seen from HTLMP is to not spread yourself too thin. You want to maybe pick 2 or 3 that you know you can devote your time to and be seen daily/frequently so people start to recognize and know you. You then become a person worth recommending to others when someone’s looking for something specific. You’ll also be able to keep up with engagement if you focus on a few sites rather than trying to post to 15.


If you need help finding places to showcase your work and network: ask in groups you are already a part of, do a quick Google or Facebook search of something like “handmade gifts” and see what pops up, look for buy/sell groups in your area as most of them allow business posts. These are just a few ways to find new groups.


I have found that my networking comes in waves - I’ll be really good and then all of a sudden I miss a few events, get flustered and stop for awhile feeling a bit defeated that I can’t keep up with it all. This of course means I lose my reach and being seen by the community who may be buying from me.


So I created the above Network Schedule as a handy reference guide to look at throughout the week. Yes these events happen weekly at the same time and dates but it can be hard running a business, running a house, running after your kid(s) to remember them all! For me, if I can see it in list form it helps me tremendously and hopefully this can help you too!


My next stop is printing off a calendar and scheduling in the events I want to take part in. My aim is to do this monthly: plan the whole month out so that it becomes part of the job of having a small business and treating it as such will hopefully help me keep my focus. If for some reason I miss an event, I’ll try to make up for it by participating in another.

Do you have any networking tips we could benefit from? Leave them in the comments!


Here’s to networking and being seen!


Good luck all!

Amy xo

1 comment:

  1. Networking sheduling is very helpful for small businesses...

    ReplyDelete