Saturday 28 May 2016

Making The Most of Free Software: Facebook Photo Editor!

Did you know that when you're uploading photos to Facebook you can edit them? It took me *ages* to figure this out (mostly because I kept ignoring the fact it said "Edit Photo" and showed a little paintbrush when you hovered over the photo).
It's a bit blurry from being blown up but you should see this
when you hover the photo after uploading it.
One day my curiosity got the best of me and I thought to myself I may as well give it a go - and plus, sometimes I can't be bothered to use my go to photo editing site: PicMonkey. I love PicMonkey, don't get me wrong, but sometimes it's nice to have an even quicker way to edit a photo.

It's so simple and easy to use.

After clicking on the paintbrush (see picture above) it'll bring you to this screen:

You can zoom! You can crop! You can add text!

One feature I really like to use is adding text and stickers to the photo, especially if I am running something like an offer or a giveaway. It just adds a little pizazz to your photos that I think people like to see!

Click on the stickers smiley face, seen in blue below. It will bring up a drop down menu. I like to use the "search stickers" options and type in key words in the hopes that I'll find something useful.



A lot of the options are just so cute, I typed in "star" to see what sort of things are on offer. As you can see, lots!

In the end I opted for something that went with my library print card: a stack of books! I only wish there were more font options, maybe that's something Mr. Zuckerberg will think about adding in the future!



Pros:
Quick and easy - no needing to use a second party site, you just upload, edit, save, publish
Plenty of options for filters, sticker add ons
Crop abilities
Add text
Tagging options

Cons:
The text option is very basic - you only have about 5 fonts to choose from and they're all quite boring!
You can only use this feature when posting photos as your real self so no using it as your business page!
It only works uploading photos to your wall or to a page wall that you are visiting as yourself. You cannot edit pictures you upload in comments.

This one is either going to be pro or con:
So far I have not found if Facebook saves these edits to your computer. Makes it a tad harder to then just upload the edited version of your photo that you've just made. You'd have to go through the process again OR you can save image yourself after it's uploaded.

Things I am not sure of:
I have no idea if this feature is available using the mobile app!

If this is all news to you - great! I hope it can help and gives you something new to try when you're networking and uploading photos.

Cheers and happy bank holiday weekend!

Amy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment