Monday 14 September 2015

A Pilgrimage To Wantage

My very bestest friend took me to the most amazing used bookshop in Wantage back in May. I can't even remember the name of it because as we walked in I just about lost all sense of anything, trapped in the heady aroma of used books. Well, I *am* a book sniffer.


I wanted every book in there but restrained myself to the books below.




Now, I know people are very split between crafting with books and ripping them apart. And I am too! I bought a beautiful copy of Peter Pan and had every intention of using the actually pages. I hemmed and hawed for about a week. I would open it and attempt to remove a page and I physically couldn't do it. I just cannot destroy a good book. So, when I do my crafting projects, I am going to use a mix of reproductions of the pages and if the book is in reeeeally bad shape then I will use the actual pages. I'll probably still feel a bit bad about it but when a book has chewed up pages or the binding is completely busted and every thing is falling apart, I think it'll be nice to use it to create something *new*.

As per my last post, I did get around to making some dictionary alphabet hearts. I absolutely love how they turned out.


These hearts will most likeley be used 
for a neat mini print (I'm partial to anything mini!)

No comments:

Post a Comment